* Translated by AI

Starnews

Song Min-ho faces a one-year-and-six-month prison sentence; the manager faces a one-year prison term... Sentencing scheduled for October 1 [Star][Comprehensive]

Published:

Lee Seunghun

*This content was translated by AI.

July 14, 2026/NEWS1 Copyright © NEWS1. All rights reserved. No unauthorized reproduction, redistribution, or use for AI training allowed. /Photo=NEWS1) Reporter Lee Ho-yoon
July 14, 2026/NEWS1 Copyright © NEWS1. All rights reserved. No unauthorized reproduction, redistribution, or use for AI training allowed. /Photo=NEWS1) Reporter Lee Ho-yoon

The Prosecution Service requested a one-year prison sentence for A, the person in charge of managing Song Min-ho, a member of the boy group WINNER, during his service as a social service agent.

On the 20th, the Seoul Western District Court's Criminal Division 10 held the fourth trial for A, who is accused of violating the Military Service Act, and proceeded with questioning the defendant.

That day, the Prosecution Service told the court that "we request a one-year prison sentence" because A failed to take any significant measures to allow Song Min-ho to be absent without permission for an extended period.

Following this, A's defense attorney stated, "Throughout managing Song Min-ho, A carried considerable burden and worry. As Song Min-ho's psychiatric condition deteriorated to a precarious state, A's concerns only grew. During that time, out of consideration, A turned a blind eye to Song Min-ho's late arrivals. We have no intention of making excuses."

Furthermore, upon the start of the investigation into these allegations, A, as the family's primary breadwinner, felt economic hardship and difficulties in supporting his family. "It would be a lie if I said I felt no injustice. I have come to sincerely reflect on my actions. We earnestly appeal for a suspended sentence as a final chance so that A can dedicate himself with true sincerity during his remaining time as a public official." It is reported that A has been relieved of his position due to this incident and is currently awaiting developments at home. His salary is being partially paid, and it is expected that severance pay and other benefits may change depending on the court's ruling.

April 21, 2026 /Photo=Kim Hwi-seon hwijpg@
April 21, 2026 /Photo=Kim Hwi-seon hwijpg@

A also stated in his final remarks: "This incident has led to many realizations for me. I witnessed how one social service agent's life was completely upended due to my negligent management attitude. However, it is true that I too felt a heavy sense of responsibility and burden while working as a result. If given another chance, I will work with greater responsibility and in accordance with rules and principles when I return to society."

Song Min-ho is accused of unauthorized absence from his workplace, including missing more than 100 days, while serving as a social service agent at a facility in Mapo-gu from March 2023 to December of the following year. A is accused of negligently supervising Song Min-ho despite being aware of his poor work performance.

In April, the Prosecution Service requested a one-year-and-six-month prison sentence for Song Min-ho, who admitted to all charges.

Last month, Song Min-ho appeared as a witness at the third trial regarding A's alleged violation of the Military Service Act. At that time, Song Min-ho completely denied any conspiracy with A to violate the Military Service Act, claiming he had received an opinion from his attending physician stating that "he could no longer serve in the military," and further asserted that the physician had originally advised against military service altogether.

The court will deliver its verdict on both individuals at 10 a.m. on October 1.

<© STARNEWS. All rights reserved. No reproduction or redistribution allowed.>

*This content was translated by AI.

Recommended News

Daily Trending News

Editor’s Pick

Latest in Entertainment