* Translated by Papago

Starnews

Ji-Soo returned from the Philippines.."880 million reparations to the production company of 'Daltgang'", the old agency that took on the aftermath

Published :

Kim Nara

*This content was translated by AI.

Actor Ji-Soo is posing at the production presentation of KBS2's Monday-Tuesday drama "The Moon River." / Photo courtesy = KBS

Victory Content, the producer of KBS 2TV's "The Moon River" (hereinafter referred to as "The Moon River"), also won part of the second trial of a damage suit filed against actor Ji-Soo (real name Kim Ji-Soo), the former agency of actor Ji-Soo, who dropped out due to the school violence (school violence) controversy. However, the amount of compensation decreased by about 500 million won compared to the first trial.

According to recent News 1, the Seoul High Court's Civil Affairs Department 38-1 (Chief Judge Chung Kyung-geun, Park Soon-young and Park Sung-yoon) ruled in favor of the plaintiff, saying, "Keyist should pay KRW 881.49 million and delayed interest to Victory Content."

Initially, the amount of compensation calculated in the first trial was KRW 1,424.17 million, but it decreased by KRW 540 million in the second trial.

The court did not give a detailed summary of the ruling in court.

Jisoo, who played the main role of Ondal in "The Moon River," was embroiled in suspicion of school violence through posts and comments posted on the online community in 2021. The post included that Ji-Soo had been bullied, assaulted, threatened, insulted, and insulted by Jisoo.

After apologizing through social networking services (SNS) at the time, Ji-soo said, "I sincerely apologize to those who suffered from me," he got off the "Daltgang" he was appearing on and terminated his exclusive contract with Keystone. The vacancy of Ji-Soo was filled by actress Nine-Woo. Nine-woo also re-filmed the first to sixth episodes in which Ji-soo appeared.

Victory Content filed a lawsuit in April 2021 for damages worth 3 billion won, saying, "It was almost over as it was pre-produced, but we had no choice but to take a full retake of the scenes as the actor was replaced," adding, "As a result, we suffered direct losses such as various staff costs, fees for using places and equipment, and performance fees, and continued to suffer massive losses such as lower ratings and filing complaints from overseas customers."

He also claimed, "We tried to consult with Keystone to recover damages, but we filed a lawsuit due to the non-cooperation of the other side."

Meanwhile, Jisoo said it resolved the misunderstanding with the person who first raised the suspicion of school violence in October 2023. Now he continues his acting career in the Philippines.

<© STARNEWS. All rights reserved. No reproduction or redistribution allowed.>

*This content was translated by AI.

Recommended News

Daily Trending News

Editor’s Pick

Latest in Entertainment

AD